Skynet Research announces the Model 101 Microcontroller
We recently received a fascinating new press release from Skynet Research, a robotics and artificial intelligence company that appears to have strong ties to the military robotics industrial complex. According to the press release they have been actively developing crucial robotics technologies that make robots better and smarter. Walking the tightrope between protecting their intellectual property and raising public awareness about their products, they have decided to take a page from the book of modern manufacturing and solicit the public for ideas and designs.
They are trying to make inroads into the consumer robot marketplace with an innovative new strategy that involves engaging the public in a more fundamental role than simply being a customer. In their press release, they have announced their official Outreach program. Their Outreach program is an attempt to harness the creative energies of amateur and professional roboticists globally in a meaningful way:
“Individuals are welcome to submit designs, videos and schematics relating to future robot models. We will showcase the most promising for all to see on our corporate website.”
The heart of this new strategy is their desire to promote their new Enhancement Module - Model 101; a device the company claims that will make any robot that incorporates it more precise and efficient regardless of the robot’s application or purpose. In other words, it is an adaptive, self-configuring, advanced robotics controller that incorporates high speed learning algorithms that exhibit an enormous amount of plasticity and resiliency. According to their press release, not only will applicants get a chance to have their designs showcased but the selected applicants that are approved have this to look forward to:
“As part of our ever-increasing outreach, we are also making available the Skynet Research Enhancement Module Model 101 for consumer grade robots at no cost before it is even available in stores.”
Individuals interested in participating should visit their web site for further information. On the web site you will find additional information about the company and the program, the application form, and some videos about the Enhancement Module - Model 101. The full text of the press release is below. In the left hand column you will find some graphics courtesy of the company detailing some of their product designs.
Skynet Research Press Announcement
Skynet Research is a leader in the research and development of robotic technology, dedicated to helping the human race achieve great goals. And we want to hear from you!
CALL FOR ROBOTIC DESIGNS
Skynet Research believes every individual holds the capacity to make a difference, and is dedicated to finding as many people as possible who will impact our future goals.
- The spark of imagination is the greatest asset of humankind. We are interested in mining this resource within the robotics community to find new robot designs.
- Individuals are welcome to submit designs, videos and schematics relating to future robot models. We will showcase the most promising for all to see on our corporate website.
SKYNET RESEARCH IS OFFERING A FREE UPGRADE
As part of our ever-increasing outreach, we are also making available the Skynet Research Enhancement Module Model 101 for consumer grade robots at no cost before it is even available in stores.
- The Model 101 is compatible with any home robotics device, and will vastly improve the precision, efficiency and speed of any mechanized apparatus regardless of function.
- You may apply to receive one on our website.
- View a video of our new Enhancement Module HERE
HOW SKYNET RESEARCH IS CHANGING YOUR WORLD
- There are many different Skynet Research models in production and operation, and countless more in active development at secure and undisclosed locations around the world.
- Skynet Research is reshaping daily life for human beings across the planet, with contributions to business, education, healthcare, information systems and military defense.
- Skynet Research has led the evolution of Artificial Intelligence to multiply at exponential rates, pushing to improve robotic function in daily life with a constant eye on the future.
- We have been honored as "most innovative" company in numerous trade publications, while one award-winning professor stated Skynet Research is displaying an "unprecedented" rate of growth.
We are committed to making your world different